Monday, June 28, 2010

Update

I think I may have touched a nerve. I'm finding that I'm not alone in my frustration with Glendale and the other cities that support the red light cameras. Since Saturday:

1) Boycott Glendale Facebook group has 52 members. The support has been amazing!
2) I have an invitation to be on The Worst Show on The Web radio program from host, Kurtis Bedford.
3)I have evidence that may dismiss my ticket.
4)Received an email from Charles Walter of the National Motorists Association in support of our cause. There's lots of great information on their site. You can find them at: www.motorists.org
5) A few of you are following my blog!! YAY!

And Now:

THE EVIDENCE!!
I discovered that most states require photo enforcement notification signs at least 300 feet prior to the intersection. Here are the pictures of the sign posted prior to the intersection of San Los Feliz and San Fernando. The signs are obstructed by over-grown trees. Bless those trees!

Not that I'm really that paranoid but I think it's best to print these pictures and mail them to myself just in case they trim those trees or doubt the validity of them. What do you think??




















Other than that, I timed some of the yellow lights in the area. The intersection at Los Feliz and San Fernando yellow light is slightly faster than the surrounding intersections. Glendale in general has faster yellow lights, faster than neighboring Burbank that allows a whole 4 seconds to negotiate the intersection. Imagine! I'll post the video once I put it together. It's not rock solid evidence but it does show a subtle kind of entrapment.

More than just the issue of my own personal citation I feel it is necessary to continue probing into this matter. Yes, I said 'probing'. It's important to fight this invasion of privacy and fascist policing of good citizens. I will have to pay my ransom of $529 before I even get to state my case.

This infers that I am guilty until proven innocent. What is this? An electronics store?

1 comment:

  1. I am going to Glendale Court tomorrow for the same reason $479 for the right turn - January 1,2011 - I was waiting almost a year to appear in court! They are busy making money... I admire you for stand up for yourself, I was trying, but.. I lost & out of frustration I forgot to ask for driving school.

    ReplyDelete